Friday, August 8, 2008

Imaginary weight in day #3



Drum roll please..................... 128.6 almost a whole pound less. Very exciting to be in the 128.anything. A little bit scary too. I'm actually doing this. I can't believe it.  I don't know why I felt this way this morning. This time I am finally really committed to losing all of the extra weight not just the recently acquired from the last weight loss attempt, like I usually do.  I have never been skinny. I'm a little scared that I will do it and at the same time excited. Do people respect skinny girls as much? I don't know why I started thinking about that today. Do all skinny girls seem like bimbos to you?   I supposed I will have to do away with that preconceived notion because not too far away from today I myself will be a SKINNY girl. Can't believe it.
The incredible part is I'm actually enjoying the food.  Before I would have just stuffed anything into my mouth without giving it a second thought. Just lots of carbs, pasta with lots of cheese or rice or a sandwich or whatever, nothing too creative. Now I find myself searching for new ways to eat different things and that effort is really paying off. I love to eat fresh fruit and vegetables with my meals. Yesterday I made this awesome spinach quiche  and you can find the recipe here. They turned out sooo good. I substituted shredded carrots and yellow squash for the peppers and added garlic and cumin and fat free turkey bacon. I also made a cheese sauce to go with it. I just put cottage and a couple of leaves of parsley and salt in the blender. MMMMm so good. I cant wait to have it as a side dish today at lunch (lunch is the biggest meal in my day which is customary of Latin Americans and incidentally a good thing in weight loss)  anyways my crust less quiche is packed full of veggies and protein because of the egg whites.  I'm going to keep looking for other recipes for vegetables. This quiche thing I'm already thinking it's going to be great to add anything to.
Us Latin American we just don't eat steamed vegetables. It is too plain. You will never be offered that anywhere over there and because of that i guess I don't really like them, especially broccoli yuck!!!. Quiches however are a really big part of our foods, quiches and tarts and casseroles. That is where we get a lot of our veggies from. Also very intricate salads. So now I'm going to dig up recipes for all the veggie filled meals I like and make them healthy. I'm excited. I have always liked veggies very much in such dishes.
I had one problem yesterday. I went running and my knees felt really weak. Especially behind the knees and especially when I started running faster. I felt like they would give away at any time. So I cut my run short and walked home. I wonder what is going on. I think I'm going to stop running for a couple of days, Maybe my knees are tired? Maybe I haven't been stretching enough? I anyways  I'm kind of sad about that. 
So today has been lots of mixed feelings but over all I think excitement is the biggest feeling going around these parts.
I say all this because today is the day that I finally see real results. Its not in my head anymore. My pants are definitely loser. I feel the difference and it feels wonderful!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I remember that feeling..when I realized that this WAS working for me and I was losing weight. thats when I stopped hearing that voice that said "you will never make it" and just kept doing what I was doing and then I was at my goal. so take it as a very good sign that you finally believe that you are really doing this.